The aim of the 2 day course is to refresh learners with the practical skills, knowledge and competence to provide first aid and life-saving support in an accident situation.
Students must demonstrate a range of competencies in order to successfully complete the course. Upon completion of the First Aid course the student will be able to:
- Recognise and Assess the causes and effects of sudden illness and/or injury and call for emergency medical services.
- React to such pre-hospital emergencies.
- Respond in a safe, effective, and appropriate manner to such emergencies utilising the First Aid skill set.
- Record and Report actions and interventions taken while responding to and managing such incidents and during handover to emergency medical services.
- Retain a professional and caring attitude in their performance as First Aiders
- Patient Assessment
- Incident Procedures
- Recovery Position
- Common medical emergencies
- Injury management and shock
- Care of the unconscious patient
- Burns and electrical injury care
- Hypothermia and hyperthermia